Browse By Species
Less than 20% of the world’s population have sufficient Omega-3 levels
A world-first clinical trial delivered by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, on behalf of Devenish, has proven that the regular consumption of naturally enriched omega-3 chicken and eggs is likely to reduce risk of heart attack, stroke, dementia and depression.
Click here to read the press release and the results from the clinical trial.
By enriching the birds' diet with OmegaPro, the meat and eggs become naturally enriched with omega-3 PUFA and the associated nutritional benefits are then passed onto the consumer.
Offering birds a natural and sustainable source of Omega-3 PUFAs is good for the bird and good for the consumer. Taste panel studies have shown that omega-3 enriched chicken meat tastes as good, if not better than conventional chicken.
Devenish are also focusing our research efforts on producing sustainable and nutrient rich pork, beef and milk, with scientifically proven health claims.
How is OmegaPro used?
OmegaPro can be fed in diets up to 15%, to achieve the desired level of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Fattening birds - feed from 21 days before slaughter
- Laying hensÂ - Eggs will reach their stabilized level within 21 days of feeding
- For the fussy eaters, an omega 3 chicken that is as nutritious as oily fish: Waitrose to launch fresh bird after innovation in the way they are fed
- Waitrose to Sell Algae-Fed Chicken Containing Healthy Omega 3
- Waitrose and Moy Park launch omega 3 enriched chicken range
- Waitrose introduces 'omega 3 enriched chicken' to tackle UK's low consumption of the heart-benefitting oils
- Waitrose to Sell Omega 3 Chickens Fed on Algae
- World's first omega 3 CHICKEN containing health-boosting fatty acid goes on sale tomorrow