Browse By Species
A natural, algae enriched complementary feedingstuff
A world-first clinical trial delivered by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, on behalf of Devenish, has proven that the regular consumption of naturally enriched omega-3 chicken and eggs is likely to reduce risk of heart attack, stroke, dementia, depression and lower blood pressure.
By enriching the birds' diet with OmegaPro, the meat and eggs become naturally enriched with omega-3 PUFA and the associated nutritional benefits are then passed onto the consumer.
Offering birds a natural and sustainable source of Omega-3 PUFAs is good for the bird and good for the consumer. Taste panel studies have shown that omega-3 enriched chicken meat tastes as good, if not better than conventional chicken.
How is OmegaPro used?
The nutrition experts at Devenish can tailor feeding regimes to meet the needs of different markets and enrichment targets. Contact the team at Devenish to discuss how we can help you add value and improve human health.
- For the fussy eaters, an omega 3 chicken that is as nutritious as oily fish: Waitrose to launch fresh bird after innovation in the way they are fed
- Waitrose to Sell Algae-Fed Chicken Containing Healthy Omega 3
- Waitrose and Moy Park launch omega 3 enriched chicken range
- Waitrose introduces 'omega 3 enriched chicken' to tackle UK's low consumption of the heart-benefitting oils
- Waitrose to Sell Omega 3 Chickens Fed on Algae
- World's first omega 3 CHICKEN containing health-boosting fatty acid goes on sale tomorrow